Tuesday, October 25, 2016

ET15 ASSIGNMENT 10 TEXTURED WALLS & FLOORS IN MAYA & UNREAL

I've been trying to use a workflow that includes Substance Designer substances and Houdini Engine.  The problem with actually texturing the objects in Houdini is, Substance is a plugin in houdini, Substance is a plugin in Unreal, and Houdini is a plugin in unreal.. unfortunately, all those plugins don't communicate together well.  It's easier to do my uv layout in Houdini and then assign my textures in Unreal... so i guess i'll just show the models already textured in Unreal, because it's just an extra pointless step to texture them in Houdini first...

UV Textures in Houdini


Phoebe runs!!!  ...and columns


I got my character running.  also, i got sometextures on the columns!  yay  (i might change them tho...)


Ramps



Elevator and walls




I put more emissive panels on my elevator and control panel...  i have no freaking clue why, but I couldn't get the textures to apply on the control panel. so... it's just orange for now.

Crystal



I need to have a glowing outline on my crystal.  i tried to make it transparent in Unreal, but it makes the edges hard to see.


Crystal with better lighting.

Catwalks and Railings


Light Panels with emissive material


This is kind of a cool effect, i think i want to use it more, maybe.

Floor Pieces


Here are my floor pieces.  I want to figure out if there is a way for me to change the cracks procedurally, because right now, it looks a little bit artificial.  I'm gonna have to think about that one...

Also, it's possible that i need to shrink my uvs for this.  i guess it is nicer for them to be so big, because it is hard to see that the cracks repeat so regularly.  Maybe i will add controls to adjust the uv mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment